Mascara is a beautiful tool for making your eyes look larger, more flirty and beautiful. There are lots of things we can do to make our mascara apply better and look even greater throughout the day. Here are some top tips for getting your mascara right every time.
- Warm up your mascara before using it. You can do this in two ways – either pop it in a cup of warm water while you finish the rest of your eyemakeup, or simply pop it inside your bra! The warmth from your body (or the hot water) will loosen the formula and make it apply more smoothly.
- Check sell by dates. Mascara should generally be changed every 3-6 months, as any longer than this can allow bacteria to grow which can cause nasty eye infections.
- Method. Wiggle the mascara from side to side as well as down the length of your lashes for separated and defined lashes.
- Order. Apply to your bottom lashes before your top lashes to avoid smudging makeup on your skin around your eyes!
- Do not pump! Do not pump the wand in and out of the mascara tube – this introduced air and bacteria into the tube which can make your mascara dry up quicker.